White Pelicans at UWTP

  • gchaniot
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11 9:17 AM
      Sun, 11 Sep 2011 -- This morning there were two AMERICAN WHITE PELICANS at the Ukiah Wastewater Treatment Plant. They were seen on the north pond, the south pond, and circling about. On the sludge pond were two PECTORAL SANDPIPERS. A cooperative VIRGINIA RAIL was visible in the edge of the cattails. I was unable to relocate the Stilt Sandpiper this morning. Along the south fence were many migrants including YELLOW WARBLERS, COMMON YELLOWTHROATS, and my first WHITE-CROWNED SPARROWS of the fall.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA