Rock Wrens on Coyote Dam at Lake Mendocino

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2011
      I realized I had not counted any Rock Wrens in Mendo County, so today I went out to see the Wrens on the dam. I saw 3 just south of the outlet on the east face of the dam where they have been for the last 3 - ? years, although I have seen them go apx 75 yards north and south of their main area. This was from 10:35 am - 12:05 pm. They mostly stay low to the ground like a chipmunk, but at one point, one of them was up on a post about 5 yards from me chipping (buzzing) away.

      Dave Bengston
      Ukiah