MEN Covelo and Coast

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2002
      Greetings Mendobirders: Today's Peregrine Audubon field trip, with many
      participants, to Covelo/Round Valley was a great success. We saw 2
      FERRUGINOUS HAWKS in the Valley, and had LEWIS'S WOODPECKERS everywhere we
      stopped. We saw at least 20 during the day. The highlight, however, was a
      beautiful ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK which we watched for 15-20 minutes along Dobie
      Lane.

      Toby Tobkin reports from the coast that she saw the SANDHILL CRANE this
      morning on the Garcia River flats. The bird was visible both from the
      turnout on Hwy 101 just N of Miner Hole Road, and from along Miner Hole Rd
      itself. The Crane was feeding in the flat pastureland W of Hwy 101. Toby
      saw 12 HORNED LARKS in the same area. She also saw the SNOW BUNTING at
      Laguna Point in McKerricher SP again today.

      Chuck

      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      1550 Deerwood Drive