Forster's Tern

  • birdmanofthewoods3
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2011
      Forster's tern still sticking around at Little River cove fishing actively at the northeast end with many spectacular plunge dives and coming up with fish. That particular spot seems to be a great fishing spot for sea birds and frequently yeilds something interesting. I think bait fish seem to get confused and concentrate there.

      I know the Forster's tern isn't something super rare, but rare enough around here for me at least and such an elegant and attractive bird if there ever was one. Has moved to the top of my favorite sea bird list.

      Rick Harris