UWTP Western Gulls

  • choatzin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24 11:59 AM
      Sunday 24 July 2011

      Steve Stump found two WESTERN GULLS at the Ukiah Wastewater Treatment Plant this morning, one adult and one juvenile. When Geoff and I arrived, the birds were standing together on the berm between the north and middle ponds. After a few minutes, the younger bird took wing, circled the middle pond once, then rejoined the adult. They stood there for another five minutes before flying off together to the west. Good idea.

      Cheryl Watson
      Ukiah, CA