Marbled Godwits & Other MacKerricher Birds

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2011
      12 July 2011 -- This morning I walked Ten Mile beach and saw a growing
      variety from those of last Tuesday.  Two MARBLED GODWITS looked
      worn and "tired"standing at the shoreline.  SANDERLINGS, SEMIPALMATED
      PLOVER, WILLET, yes, but no Snowy Plovers this week.  The two SNPL
      seen last week must have been passing through.  A COMMON LOON was
      in basic plumage.  I looked carefully at the many WESTERN SANDPIPERS
      but could not find anything different.

      Karen Havlena
      Ten Mile Area
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN, California