MEN coast 11/12

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2002
      Greetings Mendobirders: After this morning's emails re the Snow Bunting,
      Bob Keiffer and I headed to the coast mid-morning today. We met Toby at
      1145 and she pointed out the Snow Bunting, reported having been refound
      earlier today by Feather, on the rocks immediately below the platform at
      Laguna Point. Bob and I watched the bird very briefly before it flew
      further out into the rocks and disappeared. Happily, Matthew Matthiessen
      reports having refound the bird at 4:30 pm, again on the logs just south of
      the boardwalk as you approach the platform. Bob and I went on to the
      Mendocino Headlands looking for the Lapland Longspur(s) reported there
      earlier this fall by Toby and Matthew. The Lapland has been replaced by a
      Chestnut-collared, which we observed in the higher grass S of the
      Sister-City Monument. We watched the bird in the dark mist for at least an
      hour. It is quite tame and will hopefully hang around for a while.

      Chuck

      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      1550 Deerwood Drive