Ten Mile R & Ocean Meadows

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2011
      Sun, 26 June 2011 -- This morning there was a nice variety of birds at
      the Ten Mile R. bridge.  There were 4 Western Sandpipers, 3 Caspian
      Terns, 2 Great Egrets, a Great Blue Heron, 2 Purple Martins and several
      families of Canada Geese.
      At Ocean Meadows, I have suspected Vaux's Swifts were entering the
      chimney next door at the house for sale, but the look was always SO
      quick, that I was not sure.  This morning it was clear that a VASW had
      swooped into the chimney.  Jim climbed up on the roof and looked down
      the chimney with a flashlight.  Unfortunately, he could not see any nest
      or a bird clinging to the chimney wall.  This was disappointing, but it is
      neat to watch how quickly the bird(s) dive into the chimney.

      Karen and Jim Havlena
      Ocean Meadows / Ten Mile Area
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN, California