Bald eagles at Albion

  • mary
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2011
      Hello, I am new to this forum.

      We have a house overlooking Albion River out to the cove. We visit our house about once a month and stay a week at a time.

      I have been seeing the pair of bald eagles since April. This last trip up June 2-9, we saw the eagles a few time. The first time I saw one eating a fish in a tree above the Albion village. I saw the large female on the top of a tree above Albion village. She was looking around and calling. Eventually the younger smaller male came and sat in another tree top next to her. In a short time he flew off northwest and she followed him shortly. I have a distant photo of them. His tail is not fully white even though his head is and shows no other signs of being immature. A day later the female flew over flying east and slightly north, it circled gaining height, our house which is on a knoll at the river turn.

      I have also noted a osprey that is often hanging out in a tree just above the Albion River just upstream from the bridge on the south side. I saw it there almost every day for many hours. I saw it fishing off the tree and returning with it's catch.

      Mary