Bald Eagle, Albion

  • AlbionWood
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2011
      Saturday June 4, 2011 - A Bald Eagle flew low over the Albion Post
      Office around 8:30 AM. It flew south and then dipped down into Salmon
      Creek canyon. There was a second bird of similar size and flight habit
      over the canyon, but I didn't have optics with me.

      Lisa at the hardware store says this bird has been seen regularly
      passing back and forth between the Albion River and Salmon Creek.

      Tim Bray
    • AlbionWood
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 9, 2013
        9 December 2013 (Monday) - Around 3:30 this afternoon, an adult Bald
        Eagle soared high over Middle Ridge, coming from the southwest and
        apparently headed for the Albion River.

        Less exciting but still interesting, at the same time a dark-morph
        Red-Tailed Hawk perched on a nearby power pole. Last year, we had an
        immature dark-morph hanging around in winter; possibly same bird?

        Tim Bray
        Albion