Bald Eagle, Albion

  • AlbionWood
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2011
      Saturday June 4, 2011 - A Bald Eagle flew low over the Albion Post
      Office around 8:30 AM. It flew south and then dipped down into Salmon
      Creek canyon. There was a second bird of similar size and flight habit
      over the canyon, but I didn't have optics with me.

      Lisa at the hardware store says this bird has been seen regularly
      passing back and forth between the Albion River and Salmon Creek.

      Tim Bray
    • AlbionWood
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 9, 2013
        9 December 2013 (Monday) - Around 3:30 this afternoon, an adult Bald
        Eagle soared high over Middle Ridge, coming from the southwest and
        apparently headed for the Albion River.

        Less exciting but still interesting, at the same time a dark-morph
        Red-Tailed Hawk perched on a nearby power pole. Last year, we had an
        immature dark-morph hanging around in winter; possibly same bird?

        Tim Bray
        Albion
      • Tim Bray
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 17

          17 March 2017 - This morning I saw an adult Bald Eagle twice, about an hour apart, above lower Middle Ridge, Albion.  The first time it was soaring up and then gliding northwest toward the ocean; later it was circling with some Turkey Vultures.

          I also saw an adult Bald Eagle two days ago in the same area, also circling up from the direction of Navarro Ridge and then gliding northwesterly toward the sea.  And about a week before that, same thing.  Same bird?

          In 2011 several Albion residents saw a pair of adult BAEA repeatedly over a span of several weeks, leading to speculation that they might be nesting.  Every year since, we have sporadic reports of individuals, but no indications of breeding.

          Please keep an eye up and report sightings, either here on Mendobirds or directly to me.

          --
          Cheers,
          Tim Bray