Hooded Orioles and Probable Calliope Hummer in Rogina Heights, Talmage

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2011
      Hooded Orioles have fledged at my next door neighbors and I have been seeing 3-4 every day for about 5 days now, male, female and two immature ones.

      Yesterday I was observing a female Selasphorus sitting at a feeder 12 feet away when another hummer with light orange sat down on the feeder next to it. It had light orange on the sides, was noticeably smaller, more rounded shape and shorter beak. I think it was a female Calliope, but I did not get a definitive look at the tail or rump.

      Dave Bengston
      Ukiah