Luck with W Kingbirds and 37 Black Oystercatchers

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2011
      Thur, 2 June 2011 -- George & Jan Chaniot were a great help to me
      today on covering most of my small sections from Hardy Creek down
      to Abalobadiah Creek (tomorrow I will do Seaside Creek).  We had
      37 BLACK OYSTERCATCHERS and 7 nests!  There are likely many
      more BLOY to be found by Adam Hutchins & Alison Cebula in other
      area along Hwy 1 north of Ten Mile River.  We even got to witness an
      intruder BLOY get chased all over the area by a pair with a nest at
      Abalobadiah.  Are you reading this, Joleen?

      Also, we saw 4 WESTERN KINGBIRDS, 2 at Pacific Star Winery
      and 2 at the old townsite of Newport.  With last year's high coastal
      count of WEKI and 4 today, we need to watch for more of them --
      they could be increasing their range to the coast and may become
      regular here.

      It did not rain at all, so we had a very enjoyable day.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN, California