evening grosbeaks

  • jonipony42
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2011
      "my" evening grosbeaks have been at the sunflower feeders since early March. This is their first year here in my yard. I have counted four males and four females, for sure, possibly nesting? They are now being crowded out by the Bullocks Orioles and maybe Blackheaded Grosbeaks. I'm at the southeast corner of East Valley street and South Lenore in Willits. They are usually there from 7 a.m. to noon and then intermittent til about 5 p.m. You can view them from across East Valley Street...if you come to the driveway gate, the dogs will scare everything away. Happy sightings!