Short-tailed Albatross video

  • Rob Fowler
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16 6:31 PM
      Hi all,
      At the request of Bob Keiffer I'm posting the video that I took of the
      immature Short-tailed Albatross that was found on the Mendocino Coast
      Audubon-sponsored pelagic trip yesterday, 15 May 2011. The link to the video
      is here <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIjEX8I5SHo>. Enjoy!

      For Calbirders that aren't subscribed to
      Mendobirds<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Mendobirds/>or don't check
      the California
      Birding List Digest <http://digest.sialia.com/?region=2> regularly see Karen
      Havlena's posting below that she put on Mendobirds yesterday regarding the
      trip:

      Sun, 15 May 2011 -- A young, banded SHORT-TAILED ALBATROSS
      was spotted by Jerry White 6 miles off Mendocino. The bird flew in with
      over 100 BLACK-FOOTED ALBATROSS, and sat behind the stern of the
      Telstar, while many took numerous photos.� Later, Rob Fowler called
      out MANX SHEARWATER 9 miles out.��Ron LeValley found a LEACH'S
      STORM-PETREL.� Ron and Rob�simutaneously�called a BLACK TERN.
      It was a great trip for Mendocino Coast Audubon's annual May pelagic
      outing!

      For Jerry White, Ron LeValley and Rob Fowler,

      Karen Havlena
      MCAS pelagic trip organizer
      Fort Bragg, MEN, California

      --