Lake County Whimbrel

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2011
      Bryan McIntosh this morning found a WHIMBREL which I saw about an hour or so after his discovery.
      The bird was seen from the Nice Lucerne Cutoff Road in the nearly dry pond/field (on the west side of the road) that is about 1/2 mile north of Rodman Slough Park or about 8/10ths of a mile south of Highway 20.There is a large pullout on the eastside of the road at this point for parking.
      WHIMBREL is a very difficult bird to find in Lake County. This is the first Spring record and only the 4th record overall. Jerry White