Ukiah birds 4/8

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2001
      Greetings: George Chaniot and I spent the am yesterday birding the Ukiah
      area. We started at USTP ponds, and saw 2 Dunlin which were molting into
      alternate plumage. Although Dunlin are often seen locally in the fall,
      neither of us could recall having seen Dunlin in this area in the
      spring. Jerry White reports only a single spring sighting in Lake
      County. There was also a late Merlin hanging around the ponds. We went up
      Low Gap Road for Blue Grouse, but neither heard nor saw
      any. Black-throated Gray Warblers were singing all up and down the hills
      there.
      Grasshopper Sparrows have been singing at HREC since 4/5.

      Chuck Vaughn

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      1550 Deerwood Drive
      Ukiah, CA 95482