Chadbourne Gulch - Hwy 1

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2011
      May 1, 2011 -- This morning, I was able to leave Jim and his back
      injury for a while.  I drove north along Hwy 1 to Chadbourne Gulch.
      It appears that someone had put up a barrier to the east section,
      but it was not intentional.  A willow has fallen at the entrance, but
      one can easily get by it to the trail.

      There were many WILSON'S and ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLERS.
      I saw a MACGILLIVRAY'S WARBLER and a YELLOW WARBLER,plus
      the resident GREAT HORNED OWL along the trail.  One critter I have
      never encountered there was a tick ----- this time I came home with at
      least 6 to 8 ticks!  Yucky.  So, be careful if going there.

      Chadbourne Gulch is south of Westport at mm 75.47.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN, California