2011 Black Oystercatcher Survey

  • Joleen
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 8:20 PM
      Greetings fellow bird enthusiasts,

      California Audubon is embarking on a major population survey of the coastal Black Oystercatcher. This is the first of its kind and Mendocino Coast Audubon Society is excited to coordinate our coastline.

      We are looking for volunteers to survey during the weekends of June 2-5 and June 9-12. The second weekend is optional; however, the protocol suggests a particular site be visited twice within a seven day period. The survey can also begin the weekend of May 20-23 if necessary. Perhaps you are already envisioning your favorite birding area, and that is what makes this opportunity so exciting.

      If you are interested, please send me your contact information and I will forward pertinent information.

      Audubon CA has set up a websiteÂ…..maps, additional information, boat protocols etc etc etc

      https://sites.google.com/site/blackoystercatcherca/home

      Sincerely,

      Joleen J Ossello
      Mendocino Coast Audubon Society