Evening Grosbeak(s) continue in Willits

  • sizewiremike
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 18, 2011
      18 April 2011 - I performed a quick search for the Evening Grosbeaks at the corner of South Lenore and East Valley roads in Willits (quarter mile or so east of 101) and spotted a lone female Evening Grosbeak perched and calling in a tree just west of the Chinese(?) restaurant on the south side of East Valley near the above-mentioned intersection. Time was about 11am, in a light rain.

      Good Birding!
      Mike Curry
      Willits, CA
    • sizewiremike20
      Message 2 of 2 , May 19, 2011
        5-19-11

        Fellow Birders:

        Made another short trip to the previous location of the Evening Grosbeaks in Willits. Quickly picked up a calling male in a large oak on the north side of the intersection of East Valley Road and South Lenore. The lady in whose yard (southeast corner house) the Grosbeaks seem to be inhabiting sent me an email recounting how she has seen at least 4 males and 4 females visiting her feeder regularly.

        East Valley road runs eastward from highway 101 and the intersection is about 1/4 mile east from the highway.

        Good birding!
        Mike Curry
        Willits