Indian Valley Reservoir and vicinity in Lake County

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2011
      Yesterday I did a birding trip to Walker Ridge Road, the campgrounds at the south end of Indian Valley Reservoir and Bartlett Springs Road along the north end of the reservoir.
      Of interest; an estimated 30 Lark Sparrows on the day, a heard only Greater Roadrunner (in Colusa County), 5 Rufous-crowned Sparrows ,10 or so Blue-gray Gnatcatchers and at least 20 Sage Sparrows. A Chipping Sparrow, 30 Brown-headed Cowbirds, and 2 Bullock's Orioles were at the campground at the south end of the lake. On Bartlett Springs Road in the canyon west of the intersection with Walker Ridge Road were 2 Townsend's Solitaires.
      At the north end of the reservoir there were 2 adult and 2 immature Bald Eagles. Also an American White Pelican flew in and landed on the lake. Later further along Bartlett Springs Road there was a House Wren. Jerry White