Pudding Creek Mouth - Fort Bragg - S-B Dowitchers

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2011
      Wed, 6 April 2011 -- A flock of 12 SHORT-BILLED DOWITCHERS were on an
      exposed sandbar just east of the Pudding Creek bridge at the north end of Fort
      Bragg on Hwy 1.  I could tell they were 'dowitchers' with my binoculars, but
      luckily they took flight calling, "Tu, tu, tu."  That made it easy.  Also, there
      was
      a WILSON'S SNIPE on the shore.  Four CASPIAN TERNS flew north over the
      trestle bridge.  Other birds noted were 2 Belted Kingfishers and a Western
      Grebe.

      There is a small pullout at the north end of the Hwy 1 bridge and a large,
      paved turnout on the west side of the highway.

      Karen Havlena
      Fort Bragg, MEN, California