heron rookery locations in MEN

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2011
      4 April 2011 - Apparently PRBO and USFWS are interested in gathering heron
      rookery locations and data during spring of 2011. John Sterling is
      responsible for many Northern California counties. so he has asked for local
      assistance. Right now it looks like I and Ron LeValley will help to
      coordinate the efforts in Mendocino County. Ron will work on the coastal
      sites and I work on the inland sites. We each have very limited time and
      will need assistance from volunteers to help with locations of each rookery
      and also for the field survey (about 1.5 hours per rookery). Of course,
      landowner permission will be necessary if on private land.

      Please contact me if you know of current or historical heron rookeries
      (nesting colonies not winter roosting sites) within Mendocino County.
      Thanks.

      Good birding. Bob Keiffer rjkeiffer@...