UWTP Whimbrel

  • choatzin
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2011
      Saturday April 2, 2011

      Geoff and I were surprised to see a WHIMBREL flying over the north pond of the Ukiah Wastewater Treatment Plant this morning. The bird landed on the dike between the north and middle ponds, rested for about ten minutes then flew off to the south, calling several times. It appeared to land in the fields or ditch near the pear sheds to the west.

      Cheryl Watson
      Ukiah, CA