Black-headed Grosbeak, Hooded Oriole and Ukiah Water Treatment Plant

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2011
      Today I had both a male Black-headed Grosbeak and a male Hooded Oriole for the first time this year at my feeders. Geoff Heineken had notified me that he saw a Hooded Oriole at his house today and so I started looking. Also of interest, I have seen a total of 16 Purple Finches at my feeders today, a new yard record. Violet-green Swallows are using 2 nest boxes. I am in the Rogina Heights area of Ukiah for those who do not know.

      Yesterday, at the Ukiah Water Treatment Plant there was a Merlin, an Aleutian Goose, a Northern Rough-winged Swallow, an early Chipping Sparrow and 15 Wilson's Snipe.

      Dave Bengston
      Ukiah