RE: [Mendobirds] Brown Pelicans

  • Richard Kuehn
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011
      Depending upon the timing of the geese’s passage near Becky Stenberg, I
      believe these were Brant, as they actually came over land above our house
      and studio just after 1 p.m. yesterday.

      We saw between 550 and 600 go directly overhead, but we could see that
      several groups were just disappearing in the distance, too.

      I snapped a couple of quick images, but they weren’t remarkable so I’ve not
      uploaded them.

      The geese themselves were easily identifiable by their call as they were
      QUITE noisy.

      Good Birding -Rich

      Richard Kuehn

      WindandSea at The Sea Ranch