RE: [Mendobirds] Brown Pelicans

  • Richard Kuehn
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2011
      Depending upon the timing of the geese’s passage near Becky Stenberg, I
      believe these were Brant, as they actually came over land above our house
      and studio just after 1 p.m. yesterday.

      We saw between 550 and 600 go directly overhead, but we could see that
      several groups were just disappearing in the distance, too.

      I snapped a couple of quick images, but they weren’t remarkable so I’ve not
      uploaded them.

      The geese themselves were easily identifiable by their call as they were
      QUITE noisy.

      Good Birding -Rich

      Richard Kuehn

      WindandSea at The Sea Ranch

      N 38°45'02" W 123° 31'27"

      <http://ourlives-at-windandsea.info/> HTTP://ourlives-at-windandsea.info

      TSR Wave n Sheep Logo

      Life is NOT a dress-rehearsal!

    • Jeanne Jackson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31
        1/29/17

        The first Brown Pelicans were seen Sunday afternoon by Scott and Tree Mercer, the whale experts counting whales and other wildlife at the Point Arena Lighthouse bluffs. Six flew by headed north, always a welcome sight!

        Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay