Brown Pelicans

  • Becky Stenberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2011
      Thursday mid-afternoon a group of around 6 Brown Pelicans came through Van
      Damme, heading north. Maybe what Jeanne saw? Also, several long straggling
      Vs of geese, maybe 1000 birds in all passed by, high up just offshore.

      Becky Stenberg
      Fort Bragg

    • Richard Kuehn
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2011
        Depending upon the timing of the geese’s passage near Becky Stenberg, I
        believe these were Brant, as they actually came over land above our house
        and studio just after 1 p.m. yesterday.

        We saw between 550 and 600 go directly overhead, but we could see that
        several groups were just disappearing in the distance, too.

        I snapped a couple of quick images, but they weren’t remarkable so I’ve not
        uploaded them.

        The geese themselves were easily identifiable by their call as they were
        QUITE noisy.

        Good Birding -Rich

        Richard Kuehn

        WindandSea at The Sea Ranch

        N 38°45'02" W 123° 31'27"

        <http://ourlives-at-windandsea.info/> HTTP://ourlives-at-windandsea.info

        TSR Wave n Sheep Logo

        Life is NOT a dress-rehearsal!

      • Jeanne Jackson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 31
          1/29/17

          The first Brown Pelicans were seen Sunday afternoon by Scott and Tree Mercer, the whale experts counting whales and other wildlife at the Point Arena Lighthouse bluffs. Six flew by headed north, always a welcome sight!

          Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay