Swallows and Goldfinches

  • AlbionWood
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2011
      Wednesday March 29, 2011 - This morning I saw a few Violet-Green
      Swallows flying about. They didn't stay long.

      Yesterday (March 28) we had a male American Goldfinch on the thistle
      sock, among the horde of Pine Siskins. We've had Siskins on and off all
      winter, including a large flock (>100) a week or so ago, but this is the
      first Goldfinch in quite a while. He didn't stay around either.

      Tim Bray
      Middle Ridge, Albion