Al, the Laysan Albatross, still in residence

  • jackson_us
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9 11:10 AM
      Wednesday, March 9th, 10:30 am

      Rick and I stopped by Arena Cove to pay our respects to Al and there he was in his usual spot. A young fellow on a birding odyssey from Ohio was thrilled to add this bird to his life list. He had already spotted a GLAUCOUS GULL. While we were talking a noisy flock of 3 BLACK OYSTERCATCHERS flew by, further making his morning.

      Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay
    • jackson_us
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 14 12:26 PM
        Monday, March 14th, 12:20 pm.
        Mel Smith just called to report that AL is back in his usual spot on the north side of Arena Cove. I hadn't had any sightings of Al since Friday's tsunamis so I was glad to hear he was still here.

        Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay