California Towhee at Van Damme

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2011
      Thu Mar 3, 2011-- Toby called this afternoon to report a coastally rare CALIFORNIA TOWHEE at Van Damme State Park that she found this morning. The location was around the first restrooms that are on the left after you enter the park and go pass the front of the visitor center.

      Richard Hubacek for Toby
    • K A Havlena
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2011
        I was reminded that Ron LeValley repeatedly saw a CALIFORNIA TOWHEE
        in March near the entrance to Van Damme SP and on the Little River headlands
        (less than a mile away) - various dates: March 14 to 31, 2009.

        K Havlena
        North of Fort Bragg, MEN, Cal

        Original post:
        Subject: [Mendobirds]  California Towhee at Van Damme

        "Thu, Mar 3, 2011 -- Toby (Dorothy Tobkin) called this afternoon to report a
        coastally rare CALIFORNIA TOWHEE at Van Damme State Park that she
        found this morning.  The location was around the first restrooms that are on
        the left after you enter the park and go pass the front of the visitor center."

        R Hubacek for Toby (Tobkin)