Lewis's woodpecker

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2011
      3 March 2011 - UC-Hopland Research & Extension Center - 1 LEWIS'S WOODPECKER
      showed up again, assumed the same bird, after an absence since January 25th.
      A mature BALD EAGLE was scavenging on a sheep carcass last Sunday 2/27. A
      SAY'S PHOEBE appeared in the tree (calling) above my office at dusk last
      evening. WOOD DUCKS are commonly seen the small willow/tule edged pond
      along University Road. Keep in mind that "winter period" ended on 2/28
      and we are now into the 2011 Spring Period. Good birding. Bob Keiffer