White-throated Sparrows

  • George Chaniot
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 28, 2011
      Mon, 28 Feb 2011 -- Today I confirmed what I have been suspecting for some
      time : there are at least _four_ White-throated Sparrows coming to my
      feeders here in Potter Valley. Today I had three tan-stripes in view at
      once, and I got to compare fine points of their plumage. There is also a
      white-stripe, and I suspect that there may be more than one of them.
      I used to think of White-throated Sparrows as being irregular and rare
      here; now I think of them as regular and fairly common.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA
    • Richard
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 5, 2011
        Tue Apr 5, 2011---Back on November 23, 2010, I posted that I had at least 4 WHITE-THROATED SPARROWS at my feeders here in Little River. Today there are still at least 2 present. I have been able to look over the birds at my feeders and find anywhere from 4 to 2 White-throated Sparrows present during that period of time. In the past they have shown-up for no more then a week and then leave. Will be listening for their song.

        Richard Hubacek
        Little River