Glaucous Gull - Yard Bird

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2011
      Sun, 20 Feb 2011 -- A 1st cycle GLAUCOUS GULL flew above the
      houses across the street as I watched from my living room window.
      I could clearly see the bill was quite pink, but I couldn't quite see a
      black tip.  This bird's plumage matched what Erica Fielder described to
      me about the GLGU she found north of Pudding Creek on the 18th.

      (We decided that her bird was a classic, 1st year bird, as
      is the one now resting with a large gull flock west of Ten Mile
      River bridge).  I just arrived home from going to the bridge with
      my scope to get a better look.  The plumage is all white with
      just a very, light dusting of dark cream (or, very light brown).
      The bill is a very clean pink and has a crisp, black tip.

      Karen Havlena
      Ocean Meadows / Ten Mile Area,
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN, California