Varied Thrush Irruption?

  • Rick Harris
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14 8:06 PM
      We seem to be having a lot of varied thrushes right now over here on the coast (irruption?). At least in my neck of the woods. Along with these varied thrushes is an increase in sharp-shinned hawks that seem to be preying on them heavily. Report from up the road reports the sharpies chase nothing else. Makes me think where were the sharpies when all the American robins were here? I think maybe the varied thrushes are easier to catch.

      Rick Harris