2/14 UWTP: Swamp Sparrow, Ross's Goose

  • Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2011
      Greetings Mendobirders- I was able to get out to the Ukiah Wastewater
      Treatment Plant late this morning, after the rain, for some birding. Of
      local interest were the continuing SWAMP SPARROW and a ROSS'S GOOSE. The
      sparrow was on the north edge of the sludge pond in the area where the
      sludge dredge, the SS Noyd, is usually moored between water ski runs. The
      goose was with about 25 Canada Geese on the north pond. Later I watched
      them all fly south along the river. Both Steve and Ken told me that they
      had first seen the goose early this morning.

      Chuck

      --
      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      Ukiah, CA