Al the Albatross

  • point_of_fact
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 9, 2011
      Update...

      1st, any of you who have tried to contact me @ the mendo@... email addy I apologize many times over... this was the contact email address listed on my pointarena.org web page which followed Al's adventures for the 2007 - 2008 season... a totally gnarly computer malfunction disrupted my ability to access the website for any updates, hence my excuse for forgetting that mendo@... was listed as the active contact for me... imagine my surprise/embarrassment to discover the 2050 emails awaiting a reply when I checked that address a few days ago... SHEESH!!!

      Anyway, please check out the website, it's still kinda cool, pics of Al and all, and if you have any question s re: Al feel free to contact me @ reid@...

      Peace,

      Tom

      PS Al has been very sketchy this year vis - a vis his appearances at the cove... makes me think he is a she :) playing "Hard to get" JK, of course
    • Butch Carter
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2013
        Hello Mendobirds

         I am planning to be in Pt. Arena over the President's Day week-end and looking for sighting's of the Albatross, the latest sighting I have found was on Jan. 17th on E-bird.  Any help???

            Thank You
            Butch Carter
            Santa Ysabel, California

      • Rick & Jeanne Jackson
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4, 2013
          Hi Butch,
          I have queried Mel Smith who lives close by the Pier and he says Al hasn’t been around lately. The surf has been rough so perhaps he/she’s been hiding out in a secret cove. Hope the Albatross shows up soon. I will let you know if I receive a sighting.
          Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay
          I am planning to be in Pt. Arena over the President's Day week-end and looking for sighting's of the Albatross, the latest sighting I have found was on Jan. 17th on E-bird. Any help???

          Thank You
          Butch Carter
          Santa Ysabel, California

        • Dave Cathy Ortiz
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 24, 2016

            Has there been any sightings of Al?

          • Mark Eaton
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 24, 2016
              Al hasn’t been seen since 2013, apparently.

              Mark

              On Dec 24, 2016, at 11:26, Dave Cathy Ortiz davecathyortiz@... [Mendobirds] <Mendobirds-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              Has there been any sightings of Al?

            • Robert Keiffer
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 24, 2016
                That is true .... Albatross are quite long-lived (60+ years) ...so we fear that something fatal happened to "Al" after 20 years of routine winter visits to Point Arena cove.