Happy 10th to Mendobirds! Began 8 Feb 2001

  • K A Havlena
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2011
      Today is the 10th anniversary of Mendobirds.  Message #1
      was posted by moderator George Chaniot below 10 years ago:

      "Cassin's Finch at Low Elevation

      Thu, 8 Feb 2001 -- At about 11:00 today I saw a single male
      CASSIN'S FINCH at about 1000 feet elevation.  It was in a
      short-grazed pasture along a little-known private road near
      the quarry on Potter Valley Road.  It flew off over the skyline,
      and I don't expect it will be seen at the same spot.  This is
      just the second time that I have seen CAFI this low.
      -- George Chaniot"

      Thanks for providing this.

      K Havlena