California Thrasher and Violet Green Swallows in Lake Co

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2011
      We went to Clear Lake SP today and the there were some early Violet Green Swallows. I saw them two weeks ago in the Sacramento Valley, so I was not too surprised to see them here.

      There was a California Thrasher on Finley East Rd (east side) just north of the intersection with Big Valley Rd. It was singing on top of a white trailer in the Lake County Corporation Yard (Kelseyville Dist). The trailer was near the fence and had a tanker trailer and a boat next to it. It was there at 10:40 am and still there at 1:45 pm singing away. Occasionally it popped down into the vegetation along the fence. I am just used to seeing CA Thrashers at higher elevations in chaparral, so I was surprised. Can anyone tell me if CA Thrashers are commonly found down that low around Kelseyville?

      Dave