American Dipper at Van Damme State Park

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2011
      Fri Feb 4, 2011--I found an AMERICAN DIPPER today at Van Damme State Park a little after noon. It was behind the first restrooms to the left as you enter the park. Just to the right of the restrooms there is a path to the river. I saw it from the bridge looking west.

      It was interesting to have the whole park to myself. No campers, no hikers, no park employees, and no park host.

      Richard Hubacek
      Little River
    • Tiff's
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 5, 2011
        We saw about 20 Oystercatchers here at the beach where the fresh water enters the ocean. They were bathing and feeding along side the gulls. This was at about 3 yesterday.

        We will look for the Dipper today.

        Tiffany Erickson
        Windsor ca staying in Little River

        Sent from my iPad