Lewis's Woodpeckers & Golden Eagles

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2011
      I went up to see the L Woodpeckers on Hwy 253 (Boonville Rd) that Jack Booth Reported. I found two of them. They were on telephone poles #s 119 and 120 on the south side of the road. There is a pullout on the north side of the road between the two poles. If you were coming from the west, there is a pullout on the south side of the road, but you can only see one pole from there. They were up there at 10:30 and again at 12:00 pm when I checked, one on each pole.

      At the east end of the top, MM 10.0 there were 2 juvenile Golden Eagles flying over the hill to the south.