Re: [Mendobirds] evening grosbeak

  • Henrietta Bensussen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2011
      Hi All, a pair of Evening Grosbeaks in our backyard this afternoon, for
      about 15 minutes, up in the poplar and then down in the apple tree. Male
      bright yellow on belly, sides, & supercilium, pale bill, white secondaries
      making a big white chevron against a black back seen from the rear. The
      female with more wing pattern and duller overall.
      Henri