Rock Sandpiper/Laguna Point

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2011
      Thu Jan 20, 2010-- I was able to find the single ROCK SANDPIPER today at Laguna Point during hightide. I've heard that others have found the usual rock at Laguna Point empty of shorebirds recently during hightide. My theory for that is a MERLIN patrolling the shoreline. While at Virgin Creek I saw the Merlin heading north and shortly after that all the shorebirds I had seen at Laguna Pt. came south.

      I was able to briefly get a look at a BULLOCK'S ORIOLE at Rose Memorial Cemetery this afternoon. I think that the story should be, not that a Baltimore Oriole wasn't seen, but that up to 3 Bullock's Orioles were seen during the winter.

      Richard Hubacek
      Little River