Lake County Eagles and Osprey

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2011
      On Saturday, I went over to Lake County to do the organized BLM hike on the Redbud Trail. When we got to the end (in the Wilderness Area) there was one immature Bald Eagle. On the hike back, near Inspiration Point (north side), looking down at the Creek, I got a good look at an Osprey.

      On they way to the trailhead in the morning (9:32 am), I saw an adult Bald Eagle coming out of the Lake with a fish. I got out and watched it fly over. That was at mm19.50 near Lucerne.

      If you want to do the BLM trail to see eagles and you are a serious birder, I recommend that you do it alone or with other birders. The BLM group that I went with had 17 people, none of which were birders.