A "Warbler" in Fort Bragg

  • Rick Harris
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2011
      The Banksia trees are really blooming so I went into Rose Memorial Cemetery in Fort Bragg for a look while on my way to the store. Right away spotted an interesting warbler which would not give me a good look no matter how long I waited. Not a usual suspect with an unmarked belly of white with a lovely creamy orange throat and undertail coverts. The Nashville as reported earlier? At one point it flew out and into a tree behind me and I swung around so fast it hurt my neck. Never did get a look at the eye or back. I had things to do and people to see so had to give up. Score it Warbler 1 and birdwatcher 0. Thus I report an interesting unidentified "warbler" in the Banksia's in Fort Bragg. Good luck.

      Rick Harris