Tufted Duck (negative report) + LEWO

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2011
      6 January 2011 - I checked for the Tufted Duck at Lake Mendocino, found the
      group of scaup which included mostly Greater Scaup, a couple Lesser Scaup,
      and a male Ring-necked Duck ..but I could not locate the Tufted Duck. If
      anyone sees it can they please post it ASAP?

      Also, if anyone is interested in "kick-starting" their Mendocino County year
      list there is still a Lewis's Woodpecker at the UC-Hopland Research and
      Extension Center (not viewable from the county road . will have to arrange
      with me to see it next week M-F). There are also Lark Sparrows in the
      vicinity of the LEWO.

      Good birding. Bob Keiffer 707-744-1424 ext 112. Or
      rjkeiffer@...