Tufted Duck at Lake Mendocino

  • Paul and Betty Hawks
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2011
      Saturday, January 1. This afternoon, about 4:30, I saw a group of 36 ducks
      at the Lake Mendocino outlet. The road to Bushay Campground is now open, so
      the viewing was close up. Thirty-four of the ducks appeared to be Greater
      Scaups. One was a male Ring-necked Duck. And one was a male Tufted Duck!
      It was exciting for me to see the duck at such close range.

      Paul Hawks