HREC Palm Warbler/LAK Emperor Goose

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2002
      Greetings Mendobirders: This morning Bob Keiffer and I saw a Palm Warbler
      in the vineyard next to the permanent pasture at the entrance to HREC. The
      bird was eating grapes. It had rather particular tastes as it kept
      returning to the Mourvedre. This is the first HREC record for Palm
      Warbler. At about 2 pm we saw the Emperor Goose in Lake County. The bird
      was easily seen from the bridge on the Nice/Lucerne Cutoff, looking back up
      Scott's Creek to the west. We drove back west 0.4 miles to a turnoff on
      the north side of the road. The bird was on the spit just opposite (north)
      the turnoff, preening with a bunch of American White Pelicans and some
      domestic geese. It had no bands.

      Chuck

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      1550 Deerwood Drive