Lake County

  • Floyd Hayes
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2010
      On Sunday the 5th I birded around Clear Lake. At Borax Lake there were 150 GREEN-WINGED TEAL, my highest tally yet. An apparent hybrid male "EURASIAN" X "AMERICAN" GREEN-WINGED TEAL was among them, with an obvious whitish horizontal line and a faint creamy vertical line on each side. Seven WESTERN (or WESTERN > GLAUCOUS-WINGED) GULLS were in Clearlake, including three 1st-cycle immatures and four adults. A possible 1st-cycle GLAUCOUS X HERRING GULL has been present in Clearlake for a couple of weeks.

      Floyd Hayes
      Hidden Valley Lake, CA