Lewis's Woodpeckers back

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2002
      Thu, 26 Sep 2002 -- I saw about 5 LEWIS'S WOODPECKERS this morning at the
      end of Burris Lane in Potter Valley, a spot where they occur with some
      regularity in winter. Also of interest were a SAY'S PHOEBE, a late
      BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHER, and a LINCOLN'S SPARROW. 4 Ring-necked Ducks were
      on the pond and a Cooper's Hawk, hot on the hunt, actually landed on the
      water twice. What was it going after?

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA