Ward Ave. Long-tailed Duck & Black Scoters & Others

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2010
      Sat, 4 Dec, 2010 - This morning, I saw a pale, winter female LONG-TAILED DUCK
      off the north end of Ward Ave.  She was with abaout 17 BLACK SCOTERS, mostly
      males and some Surf Scoters.  Also present were 3 RED-NECKED GREBES
      scattered about.  Ward Avenue goes NW from Hwy 1 in Cleone.

      Earlier, I spotted a pair of HARLEQUIN DUCKS and 2 RED-NECKED GREBES
      off the bluffs just north of Pudding Creek bridge.  There is a large parking
      area
      between the Beachcomber and Surf & Sand motels in Fort Bragg.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN, California